Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've Joined the Gym


Dear Friends and Family,


It is with great excitement that I inform you that I have joined the gym. It is with less excitement that I recognize that one actually has to GO to the gym in order to get in shape. If only joining were effort enough and cheesecake wasn't so readily available. I would really like to take a Tai Chi class, but probably the only friends I'd make there are in the flexible/limber over 65 category and it would be kind of embarrasing to be more than 40 years younger than everyone else. Maybe I will peak in the room and scan for under 40s.
********************************************
Lately I've been daydreaming about my bike and all the places we could go. It's very romantic. We would bike through the rainforest listening to birds, frogs and streams, we'd bike to cafes and have cheesecake and diet coke and we'd even bike to the supermarket for daily groceries. I would put a cute little basket in front of my bike and fill it with flowers, while slowly pedaling through a field of sunflowers in a summer dresss and hearing upbeat/springlike classical music in my head. But alas, no bike and no where to bike right now. Hopefully that will change soon.

1 comment:

  1. my little asshole, why don't you find someone who is selling a used bike? i know it won't be as romantic but it still might be enjoyable. I will congratulate you on your gym membership after you have stepped foot in the facility 3 times.

    ReplyDelete