Saturday, May 9, 2009

I've gone to the gym

So yesterday was my first day at the Power Club, Panama’s fancy gym, and I felt like I’d walked into a 1980s SNL skit. Or maybe just L.A. It was the largest gathering of fake boobs I’ve ever seen, and most of them were bulging out from sports bras a few sizes too small. I don’t know why a 90 pound woman would get double Ds but I guess subtleness is not appreciated here. There were trainers in tight mini spandex shorts standing around (mostly checking out the ladies), and the male patrons mostly had poofy John Kerry/John Edward-esque hair and wore mostly black unitards. One guy even had purple stripes on the side of his. The only fat people at the gym were us Americans. But despite the comic surroundings, it’s a pretty nice gym. Plenty of classes, flat screen TVs on every machine and open pretty good hours. Hopefully this will be my first step toward excellent physical fitness…
*************************************************
The picture of the lady on the left gives you an example of typical workout gear. And of course, no woman wears a pony-tale -- hair is always blow-dryed and voluminous.
************************************************
Today I went to the Marriott and had a cappuccino for breakfast. It's only $2 and I really like being around tourists for some reason. Hotels offer a pretty nice atmosphere. Too bad there's no internet. I am looking forward to my visitors tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment