Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Developments

Several new and exciting developments to report which are very likely of little interest to anyone but me:

1.) I am tutoring English. One on one.  As of now, I have a grand total of one student, but I can't help but think that this signals the beginning of my great economic assent in Colombia. I thought tutoring conversational English would be hard as I am not particularly talented at regular small talk/conversation, but the two hours go by really fast. 

2.) I found a place to live.  My room is tiny, but then again, I'm just beginning my economic assent. The apartment is in the center, walking distance to La Candelaria, the Plaza de Bolivar and La Macarena.  Family members may be slighly terrified  I am living in the city center and not in the north, but it's a safe street/busy area. Am beginning slightly bohemian urban life in historic capital district, close to lots of cafes and restaurants. I am also now officially accepting visitors. As long as visitors are not claustrophobic and enjoy sleeping in close proximity to me. And don't mind the current lack of a bed. But potential visitors should note that a bed is my next big purchase.

3.) I have about 10 pounds to lose to be at my college weight.  I've done the calculations, and ten pounds equals about 3,000 Bogota blocks.  Today I walked 60.  This means I am 2% there.  Then perhaps I won't have to deal with Botero painting comparisons.

4.) I got new glasses.  They are red and I get them on Friday.  I wish it were Friday now.  I am overly excited for my new glasses. Wearing contacts in a heavily poluted city is not attractive, as I look like I have permanent pink eye.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment