Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Might as Well Make This a Food Blog


Today I went to Usaquen with my mom and my grandmother because they have (in my opinion) the most pleasant handicraft market in Bogota.  When I replace my charger, I'll take pictures and post them.  It's kind of a more upscale handicraft market, and there are always dozens of food and dessert stands and Peruvian and Caribbean street musicians. Usaquen is a Spanish-style neighborhood with lots of atmospheric restaurants and bars, so it's always nice for a Sunday stroll.

Anyway, while there, I was struck by an uncontrollabl oblea urge and got myself a triple layer oblea with arequipe, crema de lecha and salsa de mora.  It was so good . They are sold from little stands like this one above, on the corners of the park, and you can put powdered sugar, cheese, arequipe, cream and fruit spreads on a couple wafers and make a little sandwich. Elsie, you must be so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment