Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Politics

I think that morality is a little more flexible in Latin America than in the United States, and politicians are very easily forgiven when the next guy comes and leaves the country worse off than the  guy before him. I think most politicians can expect forgiveness in a few years out of office. If I were a Latin American political writer, I would write a book on political forgiveness in Latin America.  I would entitle it: Forgive and Forget? Latin America's History of Political Amnesia.

I am back in Bogota after a lovely vacation in Ecuador which left me wanting to explore all of Latin America a la Motorcycle Diaries. Particularly Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Brazil. Not so much Paraguay and Uruguay. I am currently particularly interested in Latin American political history, so I may head down to La Calle del Libro sometime soon and see what I can find.

My new disciplined schedule starts today and goes as follows (Not that this is of interest to anyone, but writing it down helps):

1.) 3-5 hotel articles
2.) 1-2 Latinworld articles
3.) Personal writing for at least an hour a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment