Friday, March 26, 2010

Panama

I have to admit I'm looking forward to going back to Panama.

As much as I complain about the heat, the lack of a sophisticated capital city (a la Bogota), and all the expats (despite being one myself)  it does have a special place in my heart. I went there in early 2008 not knowing a soul, and being relatively shy and introverted, I ending up spending a lot of time alone, just me and Panama. But I think I stopped feeling like a teenager in Panama. Anway, I'm looking forward to Panama the way you might look forward to seeing your high school boyfriend (not that I had one): Nostalgic and excited, all the while knowing there's no hope for a real future. But it doesn't make the reunion any less meaningful.

So, I will be in Panama April 27-May 23. Except for family members, my vacation invitations are rarely accepted, but being of an optimistic nature, the invitation is extended once again. As a selling point, Panama is a really tiny country, so unlike Colombia, it's perfectly realistic to see the rainforest, mountains and the beach in one week. Plus Panama City offers some excellent Miami-Vegas type partying.

April 27-May 1: Panama City, Gamboa and Gatun area
May 1-May 3: Isla Grande and Portobello and Valle de Anton
May 4-May 10: Bocas del Toro, Boquete and Boca Chica
May 11-15: The interior provinces.
May 16-20: San Blas and the outer Darien
May 21: Back to reality. OK, so not actual reality. But back to my everyday life.

1 comment: