Tuesday, June 2, 2009

VIP THEATER


I forgot to mention one exciting weekend discovery: The Cinepolis VIP theater. For the price of a regular price U.S. movie ticket, you get fully reclining leather seats and waiter service. So if you feel like you need popcorn half way through the movie, you just press a little button, a light comes on, and a waiter is at your seat in a couple minutes to take your order! Also, at this very fancy theater, a large popcorn is only $2.60!!! Tati and I went to see Ghosts of Girlfriends past at the VIP theater this past weekend and it was a horrible, horrible movie that leaves you wondering how something so terrible can even make it to theaters...but because we'd paid for the VIP experience, we stayed. That is when you think to yourself, "Well, at least the seats are comfortable....
*******************
When we got in the taxi to go to the movies, we told the driver we were going to the VIP theater in Multiplaza. And he said to Tati and I, "I have an idea, how about I go with you guys and shower you with kisses, except I won't obstruct your view, don't worry." He then went on to ask us if we'd ever "done it in a theater." I need some good taxi driver responses -- I always seem to get overly forward drivers. Despite telling him that we were 14 and he was too old to be saying such things, he didn't seem disuaded. We ran out of his car as fast as possible and didn't even argue when he overcharged us. Some of the things taxi drivers say in this country -- they'd be arrested in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment