Saturday, June 6, 2009

I have a house

Dear Very Few Loyal Readers:
This is my new house and street. As you can see, I will be living a life of luxury and opulence a la J-LO/Florida Keys. Except I will be more like Maria of the Sound of Music (minus blonde hair, singing talent, nanny-title, nun status and handsome love interest) because I will be living in Austrian household and will be taking romantic bike rides through the dew-misted forests of Clayton.

I will wake up to the warmth of the magnificent Panamanian sun and the sounds of birds chirping. After a filling breakfast, I will spend my mornings painting idyllic nature scapes, channeling Vincent Van Gogh's Arles phase (sans self-mutilating tendencies and depressive episodes), and I will think about how nice a garden would look but decide to envision it rather than make it happen. However, I will vow to hire a gardener when my finances improve. My hands are too dainty and delicate for gardening.

In the evenings, I will drink inexpensive yet drinkable Chilean red wine from my cozy patio and have stimulating conversations with my plentiful, newfound 20/30 something friends who will naturally find me charming and delightful and enjoy my refined, European sensibilities. There will be Edith Piaf or Fado playing lightly in the background, and they will all compliment my musical taste and first-rate hostess skills.
Yes, at last, I will find true happiness.
The only problem is that I will have to maintain this new found happiness with $250 in disposable income a month not including transportation and food. I will have to become familiar with the lonely old rich white guy crowd -- preferably recently widowed so I don't have to be a home wrecker -- and see if any of the more generous among them are interested in late-in-life/May-December romance/companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment