Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Pictures






























Above:  There are about a dozen Pacific seafood restaurants behind my apartment building.  All of them are the cafeteria-style, plastic chairs, no frills variety.  As you can see, no one is safe from graffiti in downtown Bogota.  The man sitting in front of the restaurant is selling avocados.





















Above: I think I've mentioned these little makeshift wooden carts.  They sell cigarettes, gum, mints and sometimes lottery tickets and cell phone minutes. The owner of this cart wanted to know what newspaper I was with when I asked if I could take a picture of his cart.  I told him I was a tourist. He said he thought tourist liked to take pictures of La Candelaria or Monserrate, not street carts.



 































Above: The transcendental Sr. Valasquez, hard at work and the famous Rushdie/Tolstoy, reading an old magazine and the bible. The kind of face and expression you'll never forget. Unfortunately, I coudn't get the flash quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment