Friday, September 25, 2009

My Plan






























From Top to bottom, left to right: Los Llanos; Lago de Tota; Popayan; Cali; Eje Cafetero; Barichara; San Gil; Bogota, Villa de Leyva.

During the next month I'll be traveling throughout Colombia for Frommers and my plan is as follows:
1.) Spend a few days exploring Bogota.

2.) Take a bus out to Bogota to Villa de Leyva, a really beautiful colonial town.

3.) Take a bus to El Lago de Tota, write a box review for El Pozo, a hotel I've heard a lot of good things about.

4.) Take a bus to San Gil, do some water-related things, maybe some hiking; it's known for being outdoorsy.

5.) Go to Barichara, supposedly the most beautiful town in Colombia, explore nearby towns if we have time.

6.) Go to Villavicencio and Los Llanos for the International Cowboy Festival which I'm sure will be very exciting. (It can get pretty rainy here in October though, so I don't know if we'll get a chance to see the supposedly very beautiful sunsets)

7.) Back to Bogota for a few days.

8.) Take a bus to Medellin, do the hotels/restaurants there, visit with the ladies I used to work with if I have time and money.

9.) Explore the coffee growing region (If I can find traveling partner).

10.) Take a bus or plane down to Cali, visit with Alexandra for a few days.11.) Take a bus to Popayan, include a one-page box review of this city in Frommers.

12.) Back to Bogota.

I'd like to go to Parque Tayrona and Amazonas over Christmas break if I'm able to find a job here. So, if you are free or want to take a vacation after October 15th, please let me know. I am currently accepting travel companion applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment