Monday, July 6, 2009

Valle de Anton

Went to el Valle de Anton this past weekend for a fourth of July party at my boss's house, and feel a little bit better about decision to move to Panama. Panama City might be a third tier, unappealing place, but at least there are beautiful, interesting places not too far outside the city.

I just need to remind myself that no matter where I'm living I will always think there's something better because that's just the kind of person I am. And I really can't imagine being back in the U.S. either.

It's almost as if Panamanians go out of their way to be as inefficient as possible. There's an obvious easier way, but they choose the most time consuming, ridiculous, illogical route possible. Sometimes, when I'm standing in line for way too long, I just want to yell, "This is why you're still a third world country!!!" But that may not be well accepted. Then again, I live my life in the least efficient, most illogical way, so who am I to complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment